Summary: A good baby monitors that give a bit more than its competitors.
Lorex baby Care ‘N’ Share is the name of the baby monitors range of products, today we will focus on their latest model, BB3425X because I don’t see the point in reviewing WiFi baby monitors that were not made in 2014, right ? So let’s start and see if the Lorex baby monitor is good or bad, remember I want to do honest reviews that are based on what other people say also, from the reviews that they did on the maker’s website or from the amazon page.
The battery life is about 8 hours when streaming only audio and 4.5 hours in video and audio streaming mode, this is the category average so I don’t see a big problem here. The supports are rather flimsy and you will have to try a few times before you mount your display unit. A great feature that I want to point out is motion tracking because I haven’t seen this in a while at any WiFi enabled baby monitors.
I would have loved to see 720p video streaming on this device but unfortunately this isn’t supported, but it says that the quality is good and it must be otherwise the competition will crush it. Customers like the quality since they mostly view the stream on their smart phones that have small display units but don’t know about the tablet view.
It also has night vision that will help if you want to watch over your baby while he sleeps, I know that I do it quite often. The night vision is good, well not compared BabyPing to but it’s decent so there is no need to put the camera monitor on the crib (I have to say that this is quite dangerous and I don’t advise you do it.).
The Lorex Baby Monitor BB4325X has great sound quality that allows you to hear your baby’s breath while sleeping which is good considering the fact that it will probably be 4-5 feet away from the crib. I can’t say that it’s the best, but it surely is a top rated baby monitor that is sold right now. We have seen other child monitors that they have lullaby installed that can be played with the touch of a button but here we have a feature called Sleep & Soothe Sounds which makes soothing sound like rainfall, beach waves and birds singing things that will surely relax your baby making him sleepy.
I like how it looks, I know that it doesn’t compare with the Dropcam PRO but it looks nice and it does its job. The monitor screen looks like a portable gaming console, which I like, the buttons are a little sensitive to my taste but that’s my decision.
From what I’ve seen the support is quite comprehensive, you can contact them in multiple ways, of them is by email using their contact page there you will be able to create tickets online and you will be contacted by an operator that will take of all of your problems.
I’ve saved the best for last because this WiFi baby monitor with camera has pan/tilt and zoom functions that will help you watch the whole room from multiple devices the tablet that they give you or your iOS or Android device. The tilt function won’t work if the screen is zoomed so take notice about this. The Lorex Baby Monitor BB4325X can support up to 4 cameras at once and it also has talk-back function that is more handy than you thought. I like the fact that you can take pictures but you won’t be able to record videos of your baby (this would have been awesome) lucky there are monitors like WiFi Baby 3 that can do these things. You will also be able to view you child over the internet while you travel because Lorex added WiFi Remote Connection Cradle for both iOS and Android devices.
You can say that the Lorex Baby Monitor BB4325X Care ‘N’ Share is a top rated child monitor because it has the latest features and comes with a bit more than their competitors but would have been nice to see HD video stream, apparently we will have to wait a bit more for that. It is a great product that delivers what it says. Make sure you check out my comparison chart and see what other WiFi baby monitors are there.
I have to start with pan/tilt and zoom function that are missing from most of the other wireless baby monitors, the fact that it also has a display unit and you are able to view the stream on other mobile devices. It has Motion Tracking that will let you auto tracking your baby in the room.
The design could be a bit improved same as the battery that can stream up to 4 hours (video and audio), another display unit.
Lorex Baby Monitor BB4325X Specifications
- Portable Handheld LCD Monitor… a wider, portable viewing screen delivers real-time video coverage of your loved one when you’re apart.
- Remote Connectivity Capability… download the FREE app for your compatible smartphone or tablet and view your little one from anywhere in the world.
- Free Apps.. Free iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ Apps*
- Supports Pan Tilt & Zoom Camera with Motion Tracking… using your handheld video monitor. You can also motion track your child’s movements so that the camera follows him or her automatically.
- SNAP ‘N’ SHARE Technology… with the click of a button, you can remotely capture still photographs of your sleeping beauty.
- Sleep & Soothe Sounds… a built-in speaker plays gentle sounds from nature, promoting relaxation and a sense of calm in your baby’s crib.
- Crystal Clear Night Vision… clear-cut video feed in black and white helps you keep tabs on your child’s miniature movements in the dark.
- Video On/Off… click off the video feed and turn your unit into an audio monitor whenever you wish to extend the battery life.
- Two-Way Talk… a built-in high sensitivity microphone enables caregivers to speak directly to the baby so that they may tenderly guide him or her back to sleep.
- Built-In Nightlight… softly illuminate the crib at night-time so that your newborn feels swaddled in light upon waking.
- Digital Zoom… zoom-in remotely for an even closer inspection of your sweetheart.
- Room Temperature Alerts… keep track of your angel’s sleeping conditions with a quick summary of temperature changes in the nursery.
- Four Room Viewing… with the purchase of additional cameras, parents can monitor up to four distinct spaces simultaneously. Perfect for growing families with kids of all ages!
- Up to 450 ft of Wireless Range… stay alert with audio and visual feeds that reach across your entire house and backyard.
- Expandable up to 4 Cameras… position four cameras at different angles in one room or set them up around the house to give your kids the undivided attention they deserve.
- Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life!… lightweight and long-lasting, CARE ‘N’ SHARE’s battery rarely takes breaks to ensure that you can throughout your day and night.
- Portable Handheld LCD Monitor and Wi-Fi Cradle
- Watch your baby online using your compatible smartphone or tablet1
- Pan Tilt & Zoom Camera with Motion Tracking
- SNAP ‘N’ SHARE Technology2
- Sleep & Soothe Sounds
- Crystal Clear Night Vision
- Power Save Mode
- Two-Way Talk
- Built-In Nightlight
- Digital Zoom
- Room Temperature Alerts
- Four Room Viewing
- Up to 450 ft of Wireless Range
- Expandable up to 4 Cameras
- Up to 8 Hours of Battery Life!3
1. Wireless monitor must be docked in the Wi-Fi charging cradle to enable remote connectivity. The charging cradle must be connected to a router using a wired or Wi-Fi connection. Selectable single camera viewing over the internet. See iOS/Android Apps and internet connection requirements below.
2. Night vision range in ideal conditions. Objects at or beyond this range may be partially or completely obscured, depending on the camera application.
3. Battery life: Up to 4.5hrs for monitor with video/audio ON continuously. Extended battery up to 8 hours in audio only mode.
* System Requirements: The Lorex Care App supports: iPhone®/iPad®: iOS v.5.1 and above. Android™: Android™ v.2.2 and above.