Summary: Do you want free wireless video streaming to your mobile device, then this is the monitor for you
- 1 $229.99
- 2 Review
- 3 Video Monitoring
- 4 Audio Monitoring
- 5 Design
- 6 Support
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Specification
- 9 Specification
The WiFi Baby 3 is another great baby video monitor that allows you to view your child almost constantly and this one is probably the best WiFi monitor on the market right now (you can find more reviews here). You have to understand that there are a few differences between WiFi enabled monitors and traditional one, the most notable one is that you can view the video stream from any device that is connected to ethernet. Basically you are at work and decide to see what your baby is doing, you can do that from any smart phone or tablet.
Some features like tilt, zoom, pan and talk back that are a must on traditional video baby monitors are very late on the WiFi ones but will come pretty soon. One of the things that delay them are the small sizes these WiFi video monitors have, being pretty small you can’t fit all the good things in them, well not right not at least.
These features are great when you kid gets bigger and he starts walking in the room, the problem is that you can’t change your viewing angle. The best measure is to mount it on the wall so that you can watch the whole room at one, too bad we don’t have zoom.
The WiFi Baby 3 has a clear image which allows you to see what your baby is doing at any time during the day and night. The night vision is spectacular and you can see up to 20 feet in total darkness (the maker states 30) but I’m sure that you can achieve that distance withe the help of some small LED lights.
Technology makes life easier and in this case more pleasant because now you can record and take snapshots of your baby at any time, you can store them to an SD card or onto a NAS (network attached storage) device. You can set up different time intervals to record for up to a week, nice feature but I’m sure that I won’t be using it since I love pictures and I want them in the perfect position and not on a schedule.
You can add multiple cameras to the device, up to 4 which can be viewed simultaneously on the same screen. When your kids will grow up and you won’t be needing the video monitor, it can be used as a nanny cam or a surveillance camera.
An important aspect that I’d like to note is that you can view the audio and video streams remotely (over the internet) for free so there is no hidden cost, only if your ISP provide sufficient bandwidth.
The baby monitoring app is quite easy to use and anyone will be able to view the stream, even your toddler can do it and that is a big plus in my book.
Crisp audio quality, that’s the only way I can describe it because the microphone is designed to cancel white noise and you can actually hear the differences between your babies breaths. You can also set up alerts for noise levels so you will be always prepared.
If you want to text, email or read an eBook you can set up an audio alert that will run in the background of your phone/tablet and still hear what your child is doing. If you want to disable the audio lock you can do it and the monitor won’t enter sleep mode so you will hear everything during the night.
It looks good, but not as good as many others and this isn’t a flaw because I consider that performance comes with a price. Also it’s a little big but that’s because it uses the latest 802.11n wireless networking standard which means that it will have the best sign and speed.
You can also connect it via an ethernet cable and you have to do this in order to set up the connection, it’s a little tricky but the manual will have a step by step plan. You have to connect the WiFi Baby 3 monitor to your router, once you achieve this it will run smoothly.
You can get support over phone, email and even from some Facebook, Google+ or Twitter communities. The WiFi Baby website has a comprehensive FAQ that will answer most of your question.
I must say that the WiFi Baby 3 is probably the best wireless video monitor on the market because of the amount of user reviews it got on Amazon and the features that it carries. It lacks a few accessories that we see in standard video monitors but they will come up in the future.
It lacks some features like tilt, pan and zoom which makes it rather hard to monitor your baby is the camera is wall mounted. Awesome video and audio quality over wireless stream and great night vision coverage. The WiFi Baby 3 works on both table and smartphone but it also support IOS, Android, Windows Mobile and PCs.
The design is rather bulky other than that i have nothing else to say.
- Image device: 1/4″ CMOS
- Pixels: 310,000
- White Balance: Auto
- Exposure mode: Auto
- Gain: Auto
- Viewing angle Horizontal: 53.4°, Vertical: 40.0°
- Focal length: f=2.5mm
- Aperture: F2.0mm
- Min.Illumination: 1.0 Lux (0 Lux in IR mode)
- Infrared Night Vision: IR LEDs x 30 (Auto/Manual)
- Night Vision Distance: 20 Feet
- Memory: MicroSD Card up to 32G. MicroSD Card Slot formatted for 4G, 8G, 16G or 32G
- Image compression: H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG
- Audio compression: AMR (5.9Kbps) G.726 (40/32/24/16Kbps) AAC (8-16Kbps)
- Built-in microphone: Yes
- Simultaneous viewers: 16
- Authentication: 2 Levels ID/Password, (Up to 64 users, 16 simultaneous
- Network protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, ARP ,ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, NTP, PPPoE, DDNS, UPnP – Automatic discovery and configuration
- Stream Type: RTSP/RTP/RTCP, 3GPP, ASF
- Network connection: Ethernet FOR SETUP ONLY (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
- Wireless technology: IEEE802.11b/g/n
- Frequency: 2.412-2.462GHz
- Transmission speed: Auto Switch up to 54Mbps
- Security: WPA, WPA2, WEP (64/128 bit)
- Power requirements: DC 12V
- Power consumption: 3.75W
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 3.3 inches x 3.3 inches x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 5.3 ounces (Main Body)
- Package Contents: WiFi Baby video monitor (x1), US/EU/UK AC adapter (x1) , Network Cable (for setup only) (x1), Setup CD-ROM (x1), Quick Start Guide (x1), Stand (x1), Power Cable Clips (6), Mounting Screws (2)
- Warranty: 1 Year – Hardware and Free US Based Tech Support by phone, screen share or email
PC system minimum requirements+
- Operating system: Video & Audio Compatible Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Pentium III, 1 GHz
- Memory: 256MB RAM
- Web browser: Most browsers supported. Explorer (Preferred), Chrome, Firefox
Mac system minimum requirements+
- Operating system: Video & Audio Compatible – Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger – Mountain Lion,
- Processor: 800MHz – PowerPC G4 or Intel
- Memory: 256Mb Ram
- Web browser: Firefox (Preferred), Safari, Chrome
Mobile OS Minimum requirements+
Apple iOS 5.0
Android OS 2.3
- Detachable Mounting Stand
- 6 Foot AC Adapter US/EU/UK
- Ethernet cable (for initial wireless setup)
- WiFi Baby 10 Step Quickstart Guide
- CD-ROM Wizard Setup Software
- Power Cable Clips (6)
- Mounting Screws (2)
- Release Date: 2/18/14
- FREE iPhone or iPad app | Android App – Free or $3.99 (Pro Version)
- In The Box: WiFi Baby wireless monitor, Stand & Wall Mount, 6 foot power cable, Ethernet cable (setup only), 6 adhesive rubber “feet”, Mounting screws and anchors, Adhesive power cable clips, PC/Mac setup CD-ROM, Quickstart setup guide
- Dimensions 3.3″ x 3.3″ x 1.2″, Weight 5.3 oz
- Power 12V, 100-240V AC. 3.75W
- Streamlined setup: Secure MyWiFiBaby URL for “away” viewing on iOS, Android, Mac or PC on WiFi or LTE, 4G, etc. Anywhere.
- MyWiFi Pro – Free Expert Setup Assistance – Phone or Screen Share by request during the Day, Night or Weekend
- True color H.264 video via IR Cut Filter in day and low light
- Real Time Video on Apps, Audio 1-2 second delay.
- Bandwidth friendly, only streams when called via apps or computer
- New Faster Chipset, WiFi “N”
- Built in “Nanny Cam” DVR up to 32G with MicroSD card. Recording, viewing by camera itself
- Direct connect from Device > Camera locally or remotely, video and audio is not uploaded and accessed from cloud server
- No monthly viewing or recording fees
- Night Vision viewing distance increased from 20 to 30 feet
- White Noise Filter- Hear only what’s important – Your Baby
- Apps: Zoom. Picture in Picture. Background Audio & Notifications
- Expandable. 4 Cameras on screen. Simultaneous video, audio
- Compatible to latest OS: iOS 7.0+ Android 4.4+, OSX Mavericks, Windows 8. Use any desktop browser.
- American Company – US Based Service & Support
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Easy 30 Day Returns, 1 Year Warranty,