Summary: Great product buy you will have to pay to use the streaming feature
- 1 Review
- 2 Video Monitoring
- 3 Audio Streaming
- 4 Design
- 5 Features
- 6 Support
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Product Information
I’ve left this WiFi powered baby monitor until now because of the iCould incident, even though they are not managed by Apple, these monitor only works on IOS devices and I hate to recommend somethings that doesn’t work properly or has security flaws, you can also learn how to make your WiFi baby monitor more secured.
The Withings baby monitor supports multiple accounts which can have different levels of access if you use multiple monitoring cameras and you only want certain people to view a certain number of cameras. Because this is an internet baby monitor you can view your child on the road to work or while there you can switch to your PC and get back on the stream. Grandparents that may live in a different city or even country can still see their grand baby easier than ever before as they can access to all of the cameras that stream from your location.
If you go in a vacation and decide to take the Withings with you, you can connect to it via Bluetooth so won’t be any problems if you don’t have internet connection. Setting it up in a different location is quite easy since the Withings has the ability to store up to 2 wireless networks.
I like the fact that the Withings comes with a lot of feature that we will review later one. We all know that traditional video monitors have pan, tilt and zoom features but unfortunately these things are not available on most wi-fi enabled monitors but off course that the Withings is an exception. You will see how handy these things are when your baby becomes more mobile and you need to monitor that whole room.
As I’ve stated above this beast (I like to call it like this because of the number of features it has) will stream crystal clear video quality over the internet right to your iOS device. Having pan, tilt and zoom features makes it even more desirable but it also has decent night video capabilities, the only thing that I don’t like is the shine of the night vision LED on the white source that makes it harder to see clearly. Another aspect that is troubling is that after a few minutes the infrared night-vision lamp will have a lower output and you will have to zoom in and out (pinching the picture) to get the lap back up.
The Withings doesn’t have HD video streaming like the Dropcam PRO Review, but the quality is decent in day time, at night I don’t like it very much because I feel the need to compare it with the WiFi Baby 3 Review and it’s night vision capabilities.
The quality is quite good and with a two-way microphone and speaker you have the Talk Back function with which you can record lullabies that are song by you and not someone else thus making your baby hearing your voice more often.
Well I have to say that it looks awesome (even thought I don’t put much pressure on design), and its compact, making it very easy to transport and or mount. As you can clearly see from the picture above it folds and can easily stand on the bottom but can also be mounted on the crib (I don’t recommend this). If you mount it on a shelve or anything higher than the crib make sure that the night vision LED lamp won’t get reflected by the shine of the case so that you won’t have any problems viewing your kid at night.
I think that Withings made a bulletproof device here and packed it with a lot of nice cool feature for you to enjoy so let’s list them.
- Pan, tilt and zoom we all know what they are and do so no need to describe each of them
- Humidity and temperature sensors
- Bluetooth connection, removing the need for internet if you don’t want to make your network vulnerable but you can read hoe to improve this.
- Audio a video notifications
- iOS compatibility
- Push notifications for all the sensors
Having all these things surely makes it one of the best monitors on the market, but I have a few bad this to say about it later one, you can read my complete WiFi powered video baby monitor review list for more products.
You have multiple contact options from email, phone and Facebook or Twitter communities but I suggest to head over to their website and read the comprehensive FAQ in case you have any problems with your Withings baby monitor.
I hate the fact that the video stream must go to their server and back to my device because this will take too long even though the video delay is quite small 1-2 seconds, but what if their server get hacked ? I like it but won’t give it more than 4 stars because you will have to pay extra to use it, I really don’t care if it only costs $6 per 100 minutes, when you add the fact that it’s the most expensive unit on the market the additional fees feel a little too much.
Nice design, many features that some wi-fi powered video baby monitors lack, bluetooth support. You can create multiple accounts with different levels of permission if you have multiple baby units in multiple rooms. Nice notifications that will make your life much easier.
You have to pay for the video stream because you only get 15 minutes of free streaming per day ! The price is one of the biggest I’ve seen on this industry, honestly I have to pay over $200 and then pay some more to use it ? If you have an Android phone you will have to change it because this only works on IOS devices (to use the app) or you can view it in the browser without push notifications, just plain video and audio. The batter only holds for 1 hours of streaming.
Talk, play, and illuminate+
- WithBaby app available for free in the App Store
- High-resolution video, motion-free and intuitive Pan/Tilt/Zoom, night vision
- Crystal-clear sound
- Talk to baby, play lullabies, or turn on the multicolor night light
- Monitor noises, motion, temperature, and humidity in baby’s room
- Set alarms to designated parameters of noise level, motion, temperature, and humidity
- Enjoy an unlimited range: watch over baby at home, on the road, or from work
- Alert logs to monitor and improve baby’s room conditions
- Simple and intuitive connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Ethernet cable
Did you notice?+
Apple Recommends For+
What’s in the Box?+
- Smart Baby Monitor by Withings
- Carrying case in 3D fabric
- White support stand for baby’s bed
- Rechargeable Li-On battery
- Power supply plus three local adapters
- User manual (in multiple languages)
- Height : 2.48 in./6.3 cm
- Width : 3.6 in./9.2 cm
- Weight : 10.34 oz./293 g
- Length : 3.6 in./9.2 cm
- Mfr. Part Number : 70001901
- UPC or EAN No. : 3700546700019
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year